Sometimes when you don’t feel like cooking it’s great to be able to go to the freezer and pull out something unprocessed but ready to go. This chickpea curry sauce is it!
I often put this on top of some steamed vegetables for an instant flavour hit.
CHICKPEA CURRY SAUCEPrint Recipe
- 2 cloves of garlic or garlic paste
- 1 thumbnail piece of ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 cups of roughly chopped tomatoes (or 2 tins of tomatoes).
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tins of lite coconut milk or cream
Place garlic, ginger, chilli and dry spices into a saucepan. Heat up until you can smell the aroma of the spices being released.
Stir the mixture together until you have a paste.
Add in fresh cut or tinned tomatoes, stir through the paste then allow to cook for about five minutes continually stirring.
Place the chick peas and water into the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the lite coconut milk or cream, curry and kaffir limes leaves and bring to the boil.
Turn down to simmer and stir occasionally. Cook until the sauce reduces down to be almost liquid free.