This soup is a great allrounder. Delicious served hot in winter or refreshingly chilled in the heat of summer. Even better is it is so simple to make.
1 plain potato
2 tablespoons of freshly ground cumin seeds
1 litre of lite coconut milk or vegetable stock
1. Rinse the carrots and potato leaving on the skin.
2. Cut them in rough chunky pieces.
3. Place both in the oven or air fryer and cover with the cumin.
4. Season with a small amount of No Salt and pepper if you feel the need to do so.
5. Baked until ready to eat.
6. Place baked vegetables in a soup maker, add the rind of about a quarter of an orange and 1 litre of vegetable stock or lite coconut milk.
7. Place on the cook and blend setting.
Then you have several servings of a delicious soup. Obviously it will be thicker and creamier if you use lite coconut milk instead of stock.
If you don’t have a soup maker you can use a blender or stick blender but if you do you will just have to briefly cook the soup on the stove or in the microwave after adding the liquid so all the ingredients combine together and are reheated if you are serving it up hot.