I gathered up some things from my garden to make a salad for lunch.
As it turned out most were green or yellow (gold) so here is my Green and gold Aussie Salad.
Green and Gold Aussie SaladPrint Recipe
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Spinach leaves
- Rocket leaves
- Kale leaves
- 1 large mushroom
- 3 low acid yellow tomatoes
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1 small handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 shake of dried thyme bottle
- 4 shakes of smoked herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of plant based mayonnaise
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
Rinse large mushroom and pat dry with paper towel and sprinkle thyme on the mushroom.
Cut yellow squash into quarters and sprinkle with smoked herb seasoning.
Place the mushroom, yellow squash and yellow tomatoes into an air fryer or oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
While the above is cooking prepare the rest of the green salad ingredients and assemble on a plate.
Mix the mayonnaise and the pomegranate seeds and blend for 30 seconds.
Once the air fried or baked vegetables have cooked you can set aside until they cool down or serve warm to hot. Cut them up into bite size pieces and add to the salad.
Garnish with pumpkin seeds and olives then apply the dressing.