I just felt like tacos tonight so quickly whipped up these delicious ones.
I chose to go with an Italian theme rather than Mexican but hey they are still tacos.
Check out my recipe below.
ITALIAN INSPIRED VEGAN TACOSPrint Recipe
- 1 packet of vegan mince (I used Linda McCartney on this occasion)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of diced vegetables (carrot, peas and corn)
- 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 4 tablespoons of vegan gravy powder
- 2 cups and one splash of water
- 1/2 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 red hot chilli
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- 1/2 cup of grated vegan cheese (I used Bio Cheese on this occasion)
Boil 2 cups of water in a kettle.
Once boiled pour into a mixing cup or dish, add the vegan gravy powder and stir vigorously until there is no lumps present. Set aside.
Place the garlic (diced or crushed) and onion into a non stick pan at high heat. Cook until it starts to brown then add a splash of water allowing to caramelise for a minute.
Add the vegan mince, diced vegetables, rosemary, oregano and basil to the pan. Stir regularly until mince softens.
Pour the gravy mix into the mixture ensuring you evenly cover all of the contents. Allow to cook down while continuing to stir.
Once the ingredients are soft and gravy has thickened remove from the heat.
Plate up the tacos as you wish adding the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.
Optional - garnish the top of the tacos with sliced red hot chill pieces and serve with an icy cold drink of your choice.